Aqara has today announced the launch of its much anticipated M2 Hub in Europe. The M2 Hub is now available in Czechia, Slovakia and Sweden, and it will be followed shortly by Denmark, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia and Spain in early 2021.
Aqara Hub M2
The Hub M2 is Aqara’s most advanced and future-proof smart home hub so far, and it serves as a smart home control centre for a wide range of Aqara sensors, controllers and other child devices. Compared with the previous version, the M2 supports the Zigbee 3.0 protocol, which is the faster, more stable and energy-efficient technology, and the hub can connect up to 128 devices*. It also has a LAN port for wired Internet connection via Ethernet RJ45, which provides extra stability and shorter response time.
Moreover, with an IR transmitter built-in, the M2 highlights the infrared control function allowing users to control existing IR home appliances, such as turning on TVs and air conditioners, from any part of the room by voice command and local automations. Users have more flexibility when installing the hub thanks to its Micro-USB power port, and it no longer takes up the socket space. The Micro-USB port also allows optional battery backup with a power bank.
Other features of the Aqara Hub M2 include:
- All-Round Compatibility: Supports major voice assistants including Apple Siri, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Yandex Alisa, Mail.ru Marusya and more;
- Built-in Speaker: Can be used as a security alert, doorbell, alarm clock and configurable ringtones;
- HomeKit Alarm Mode Support: All 4 native alarm modes are supported;
- Sleek Design: Top-class components are packed into a versatile and compact black housing that will complement any decor.
* To connect up to 128 devices, repeater devices such as Smart Plug or Wall Switch (with Neutral) are required.